Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Why People Blog

When I first started hearing about blogs I thought it was for people that had nothing better to do with their time. Then people started using blogs as a marketing tools. People even make money from blogging reviewing various products. I thought it was just a fun way to meet people all over the world and keep up with family and friends. There is so much more I'm finding out!

I'm not sure where I want to go with my blog either. Making money would be great of course, I've always wanted to be a writer. The reality of course is that I had bills and needed an income now and not when my writing career took off. I opted for the 8 to 5 job. Here I am years later still not writing. I guess blogging is a way for me to be the writer I always wanted to be. I could be the "Carrie" from Sex and the City. I could blog about divorce, children, going back to school with kids still in school. The ideas are endless.

On the other hand I didn't think I would feel so empty. I have a journal or diary that I write in but I just call it my book. I have written in a journal for years and never felt like I was saying what I wanted until one day I bought a notebook that I liked (the color, size etc). It was mine and I didn't have to write dates or names or how much the price of gas is today so when I died my ancestors could read the journal and see how much they have progressed in time. Whatever! This is MY BOOK. I wanted blogging to be the same way, then I realized that my family would be reading it and so I stopped blogging. I felt I had to be "aware" of my surroundings and so I didn't want write anymore. In fact, I think it's been a month since I wrote. I came to the understanding that if I'm going to blog, it's going to be for me. If I write about more bad days then good days this week, month or even year so be it and the same with good days that come my way. This has to be an all for me or nothing project right now or I just won't do it. If people come to see what I have to say and connect with me great, if not that's okay too. I do not want to be judged for being too sad, negative, happy or whatever. It's my blog right?

So I'm starting over, get ready!