Sunday, February 28, 2010

Goodbye Winter

I was determined to ride my bike this weekend no matter what. It's still cold but the temperature rose above 50 and that was enough for me. I got all my gear on, rode to the nearest gas station to pump my tires up with air and away I went. It was windy and cold and I didn't care. It felt good to be outside and doing something. I could feel the extra weight I've been caring around these past few months and it's going to take a month or so to get rid of it. I'm disappointed in myself for letting it happen but rather than woller in self-pity- I'm going to use it as a goal. The weight will be gone by the end of the summer and I'll look great once again! This summer I'm going to fix my back pack and take my dog with me and see if he likes it.


I've just completed my taxes and was most surpirsed to find out I would be getting a refund. I try hard to have all my money given to me throughout the year so the government cannot gain interest on any money that would be mine at year end. I wonder if people know the government gets interest on our money and of course we never see any of that. Anyway, the point here is that I'll have exxxtra money! That means Nicholas will finally have mattress and maybe I can buy my bread baking books and even a wheat grinder. I'm also going to enroll in some bread baking classes. I am still using the same pizza crust recipe I talked about earlier and took pictures. The kids just love the crust. I'll continue using it until I get my pizza recipe book. I do have a Pizza Hut recipe I'm going to try next weekend. We make pizza every weekend now. I'm getting quite fast at it. Maygan made brownies and they turned out real good. I was very proud of her she's not into cooking that much but like her Mom she enjoys baking. I'm baking a batch of chocolate chip cookies complete with picture. Will upload later or next weekend. I've got to write more in my book this evening.


My book is coming but it's slow, it's really slow and I hate that. I just get going when I have to stop and get back to work. A 30-minute lunch break is not long enough. It's a little frustrating because I'm not a fast writer to begin with, however, I am writing and pleased with myself I've even gotten this far. For the record my doctor's name is Benjamin T. McKendrick and his daughter's name is Katarinna. She goes by Kat though. I wish I could tell you what's going on but I don't know how to go about doing so without someone stealing my idea or writing it down as I explain it to you, so I'm not going to. I read other books and tell myself my writing isn't the quality these other writers have and wonder if I'll ever possess. Yet I keep at it because I love my book so much. Don't stop Audrey you can do it!

0 comments: