Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Jell-O Salad Update

A couple of weeks ago I blogged about my Jell-O salad dilemma I was facing. My grandmother's cookbook is loaded with Jell-O recipes all calling for similar strange ingredients I would NEVER add to Jell-O. I knew I would could never make one of these recipes then eat it. Determined not to give up, I carefully read every recipe until I found one, yes folks "one" recipe that did not call for carrots, rhubarb, cabbage or pineapple. This recipe called for mandarin oranges, but that's okay because I like mandarin oranges. This Jell-O recipe I can eat. I thank you Mrs. Effie Stevenson for this simple recipe.

Golden Set Salad
by Effie Stevenson

2 pkg. Orange Jell-O
2 Cups Boiling water
1 Can Mandarin oranges
1 Small can frozen orange juice
1 Cup Ginger ale or Sprite

Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. When gelatin is cool add Mandarin oranges, orange juice and soda. Let set in refrigerator for several hours. 


Below is my lovely Jell-O salad. Dilemma solved. Yeah!

2 comments: