Friday, July 19, 2013

The End of Jell-O

I have not stopped thinking about my Jell-O salad failure, so over the weekend I decided to make a Jell-O salad that I like. It's called "Under the Sea" very appropriately named as it's green. LOL I do not recall where I got the recipe from so I am afraid I cannot give the proper person credit.

Under the Sea Jell-O Salad
1 Can 16 oz Pear Halves
1 Pk. 3 oz Lime Jell-O
1 Cup Boiling Water
1 TBsp. Lemon Juice
2 Pk. 3 oz Cream Cheese

Drain pears, reserve 3/4 cup syrup. Dice pears, then dissolve Jell-O in boiling water. Add syrup and lemon juice. Pour 1 1/2 cups of Jell-O a loaf pan. Chill till set (approximately 1 hour). Soften cream cheese and add to remaining Jell-O. Add pears, spoon on top of first layer of Jell-O. Chill again till firm.



I love this recipe because I am VERY fond of pears. If the fruit is not in season you can still use pears from a can either light or heavy syrup, your preference. Each work well in this recipe. You can also play with how much cream cheese you add. If you want a lighter salad use less cream cheese or the lighter cream cheese. I have tried it both ways and it still taste wonderful, so don't be afraid to experiment. This is a yummy Jell-O salad your family will enjoy. I feel I have redeemed myself and the Jell-O salad failure.


0 comments: