Monday, September 23, 2013

A Letter Home - 9/23/2013

Dear Dad,


I received your card a while back, I was surprised but happy to hear from you. I cannot believe how this summer has flown by. I think I told you about my son getting on with a dude ranch. He was there all summer working. He earned enough to buy himself a truck that he is slowly fixing up. It’s a real junker but it’s his. I had to smile when he first bought it because I think we were all like that at his age. He loves to work with his hands and wants to go into mechanics. He plans on getting a job with a car dealership then wants to enroll in the mechanics program at Weber State.

I just finished a class over the summer, it was a yoga instructor training class. I’m not sure if I’m going to continue on or not. I took the first class just to see what it would be like and if I would enjoy being an instructor. The class was very different and I have not signed up for the next one. I love yoga and encourage you to try it if you never have but I have yet to decide if I want to continue on with the program. I have a friend who is an instructor and he told me that after he became an instructor he did not want to do yoga anymore because it spoiled the love he once had. I do not want this to happen so I am going slow.

In the spring I planted a vegetable garden. At first I thought my tomato plants weren’t going to make it but they pulled through. I planted some crook-neck and zucchini squash, cucumbers, carrots and one sweet bell pepper. I’m not the best gardener out there but it has been rewarding to watch everything grow. If I have one next year I hope it will be better, maybe even a little bigger.

With all this going on I still found the time to find a house to buy. It’s a little further north but big enough everyone will have a room of their own. The best part for me is mom will be moving in with me. Its time and since I’m not married it just makes sense. This will be a good move for everyone. I heard from Gayle about the homes you have purchased, fixed up, then sold for a profit. I think I’d like to do the same with this home once Maygan has graduated high school. We won’t need such a big home and I do not care for yard work, plus I would like to move closer to Salt Lake. There are quite a few things that need to be done on this home so I definitely have my work cut out for me. I’ve driven by the trailer several times and it looks real good with all the work you did. You can’t even tell it’s a trailer from the front.

My job has been busy as ever, but I love what I do. It is very rewarding knowing I have helped in some small way. I am constantly learning and always asked to take on new projects. I love it. As always Dad I hope this letter finds you well and in good health. I know Melon Days is a few weeks away but I will not be coming this year. I always enjoyed seeing your cars in the parade. Here’s hoping you get to show them off again.

Take care. I’ll write again soon.

Audrey

0 comments: