Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Body & Soul: The Botox Experience

The day I emailed my esthetician for an appointment was a big step for me, she wrote back with the following reply;

Hi Audrey,

 You are so funny! LOL! Don't worry. I really think you will love it! I can see you today at 12:30, or 1. What time of day are you looking for, and I will do my best to make that work for you.

Thank you,
H.

I took the 12:30 pm appointment on October 22, 2013. Needless to say I was nervous and the reason I took a friend, not just to take pictures but to hold my hand if need be. My hands were not resting calming as the pictures depict, but were white knuckled as she stuck me eight times with a needle. It didn't feel good, but then no pain, no gain right? Below are several pictures as she worked on all parts of my forehead.


                                    
The last picture is her pushing my forehead up. She informed me this helps prevent bruising. To date I have had no bruising of any kind just a headache for about two days which then turned into a dull ache. Now there is nothing. It was still sensitive in a few spots where she stuck me but that has subsided as well.

Here is a picture of me a few days later, I'm smiling real big and you can tell there are no wrinkles. There may be no wrinkles but I still have movement, which was a concern to me. I did not want to be a zombie with no expression on my face. Everyone that knows me will attest to how animated I am with my face. If I lost that then a part of me would be gone, that isn't natural. Gotta still be me. 

0 comments: